Bringing a little spring inspo to the middle of winter with these colourful funfetti cookies. There’s something about sprinkles that just makes everything taste better.
With the longest month of the year over (does anyone else feel like January is half the year) and Valentine’s day around the corner I thought it was the perfect time to treat yourself and loved ones with spring coloured cookies.
Easy homemade sprinkle cookies are the perfect way to brighten up winter and get excited for the brighter days and vibrant colours of spring.
Sweet, chewy a little crisp and loaded
with speckles of colour
- 1/2 cup butter (vegan butter spread)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup unbleached AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp multi colour sprinkles
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour and baking soda and beat to combine. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Chill dough in the fridge for 10-15 minutes while the oven preheats to 350 degrees.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart
- Bake 8-10 minutes