Easy festive dessert you can whip up in under 20 minutes. With just a few simple ingredients and a little help from your food processor you can have a delicious festive dessert on the table in under 20 minutes. These chocolate peppermint truffles are delicious and a healthier version of a classic chocolate truffle. Add them to your holiday menu, trust me, you’ll love them!
Show your creativity and roll the chocolate peppermint truffles in festive sprinkles, crushed candy canes, nuts or the classic cocoa. My personal favourite is red and green sprinkles.
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 – 1 tsp peppermint extract (depending on flavour preference)
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- *sprinkles, ,chopped almonds, cocoa, or crushed candy canes for decorating
- Add dates, almond flour, cocoa and extract to a food processor and pulse to combine. You can a sticky ball to form.
- Break apart the mixture with your hands and sprinkle in the chocolate chips. Pulse a few times to gently mix the chocolate chips.
- Roll mix into 1 inch balls. Roll truffles in your choice of decorative sprinkles, nuts, cocoa or candy canes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Like chocolate and peppermint? Try these chocolate candy cane cookies.