Picture this, a perfect fall day walking through crunchy leaves, sipping an apple cider or PSL, visiting a pumpkin patch or country market and coming home to a film and some homemade baked goods, like these delicious chocolate chip muffins.
These chocolate chip muffins are the perfect make ahead breakfast or snack to accompany a hot tea. Low in sugar, gluten and dairy free, but loaded with flavour and chocolate, these muffins are easy to make and a crowd pleaser. I might have to whip up another batch right now! Not kidding, as soon as I hit post I’m heading to the kitchen to make a batch for the week.
- 2 cups All purpose gluten free flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until almost fully combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tin, fill each muffin 3/4 way full and bake for approx. 20 minutes, or until lightly golden and the tops of the muffins bounce back to the touch.