With the last summer road trips and back to school quickly approaching it’s nice to have quick grab and go snacks for the car or after school rush. These trail mix cookie bites are the perfect solution – – easy to make, healthy and delicious.
Filled with healthy fats, protein and a little sweetness these trail mix cookie bites are perfect any time of day.
Trail Mix Cookie Bites
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds⠀
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 cups rolled oats⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tsp cinnamon⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 14 medjool dates⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 4 Tbsp water⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cup cashew butter⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the quinoa, nuts/seeds, cranberries, chocolate, oats and cinnamon.
- In the base of a food processor pulse dates and water until a sticky paste forms.
- Meanwhile in a small sauce pot warm the cashew butter and coconut oil over low heat until melted. Add the date paste and cashew butter mixture to the dry ingredients and toss until well combined.
- Squeeze a small amount of mixture in your hand and gently form into bite size balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.⠀