Easy make ahead salads are perfect for summer – picnics, BBQ’s or even road trip friendly lunches. This bean salad is full of fibre, protein and flavour to keep you going all summer long … not to mention it can be whipped together in under 10 minutes!
Make it ahead and store in an airtight container … trust me, when everything sits together for a day it makes this salad even better.
- 1 can (540ml) chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (398ml) black beans, drained
- 1 can (540ml) navy beans, drained (can also use white kidney beans)
- 2 cups chopped green beans (1″ pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 1 minute, then plunge into ice water for 2 minutes to stop the cooking.
- Add everything to a large bowl and toss to combine – it’s that easy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Other easy and delicious salads perfect for summer: Creamy potato salad, Mediterranean chickpea salad, Summer kale salad