The flavour and texture of a brownie but the shape of a cookie. What more could you want?! The crackle top, fudgy inside and rich chocolate flavour make these chocolate tahini cookies irresistible. You won’t be able to stop at just one!
When a brownie and a cookie have a baby – you get one delicious brookie!
You’ve probably made baked goods with almond, peanut or cashew butter but typically reserve tahini for more savoury dishes like hummus and dressings. I decided to turn the tables and transform this savoury spread into an addictive sweet treat. Chocolate tahini cookies taste like a brownie but look like a cookie making them the best of both worlds. And completely irresistible.
- 1 cup chocolate chips (can use dairy free)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pot heat chocolate chips, tahini and coconut oil over medium low heat until melted. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once melted stir in the cocoa powder. Let the chocolate mixture cool while you whisk together the sugar and eggs. Whisk until the eggs become pale in colour and the mixture doubles in size.
- Add 1/3 of the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture while stirring. Then add the rest of the chocolate and fold to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold to combine.
- Scoop the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan.