Spicy, sweet and sticky these honey orange glazed meatballs are perfect for any occasion. They pair perfectly with brown rice or a big green salad, but can also stand alone. Serve on little skewers for an easy appetizer or enjoy as a delicious mid day snack.
The glaze is a perfect balance between sweet and spicy and takes these chicken balls to the next level.
Word to the wise though, try not to directly breathe in the fumes when reducing the glaze. Take it from personal experience – cider vinegar can really get ya in the back of the throat while cooking. You won’t taste it after the glaze is reduced, but boy is it strong while cooking 🙂
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix meatball ingredients together and roll into bite size balls. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes. (for easier clean up cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil).
- Add all the glaze ingredients to a sauce pot and whisk to combine. Heat over medium for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the glaze reduces by about half and gets sticky.
- Spread glaze onto the meatballs using a silicone brush and bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve on their own, over rice or with a green salad.