The perfect fresh and crunchy summer salad. All the flavours of a mediterranean salad with a protein packed addition – – chickpeas. This Mediterranean chickpea salad keeps well in the fridge making it ideal for make ahead meal prep or to take along to your next picnic or summer bbq.
Chickpeas pair perfectly with the crisp cucumbers, sharp onions and juicy tomatoes, all tossed in a herb dressing. Fresh, crisp and really tasty!
- 19oz (540ml) can of chickpeas
- 1 tomato, beefstake
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 Tbsp balsam vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to a large bowl.
- Chop the tomato and cucumber into bit side chunks and add them to the chickpeas. Then medium dice the onion and add to the salad mix.
- Pour over the vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle in the Italian seasoning.
- Toss everything to combine and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
More great summer salads: summer kale salad, creamy potato salad, & Moroccan quinoa salad