Summer is just a couple months away (although you might not be able to tell by the weather) which means hotter days, later nights and resistance to turn on the oven. In my house we get creative and try not to turn on the oven in the heat of summer. This means pies on the BBQ, fresh salads and somethings smoothies for dinner. These lettuce wraps are perfect for oven avoidance and hot summer nights.
Crisp romain leaves loaded with grilled chicken, rich avocado and fresh veggies make a delicious and refreshing summer meal. Weather it’s lunch or dinner, for me summer meals need to be light, fresh and involve very little oven time. Lettuce wraps are perfect for this.
What’s your go-to summer meal? Are you an oven avoider like me or do you say screw it and crank the AC to compensate. Either way, you’ll love these easy lettuce wraps.
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 head of romaine
- Heat the BBQ to a medium high heat and grill the chicken breast about 5 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear.
- Finely chopped the chicken and dice the avocado and veggies.
- Add everything to a mixing bowl and season with the lime, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Fill the romain leaves with the chicken mix and serve with a little extra lime and sriracha (optional).