The smell of warm chocolate wafting through the kitchen and a tray of fudgy brownies cooling on the counter. Now that’s a dream I always want to be a reality!
With these healthy avocado brownies it can be. And you don’t have to feel guilty about it. These rich and chocolatey brownies are made with healthy fats, gluten free and dairy free. They’re the perfect way to get your chocolate fix!
We all know by now that I’m a sucker for dessert. I love baking and feel most creative when I’m developing a dessert recipe. I guess you can say I’m passionate about baking. Since I could eat dessert multiple times a day I wanted to create a recipe that felt indulgent but didn’t make me feel lethargic from the impending sugar high that always follows a sweet treat.
These brownies check all the boxes
Rich and indulgent but balanced from the healthy avocado fats and lower glycemic coconut sugar. Not to mention they’re made with almond flour and coconut oil.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pot over medium-low heat melt the coconut oil and cocoa powder together.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut sugar and eggs.
- Add in the mashed avocado and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Pour batter into an 8×8 parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the centre is no longer jiggly.