Mornings are made better with these healthy morning glory muffins. Make them on the weekend for a quick and healthy breakfast all week long. After all, who does’t want a delicious muffin to start their day?
Morning glory muffins are filled with oats, walnuts, carrots and apples. You could also add a little coconut if you’re into that 🙂 I’m not a huge coconut fan so I left it out, but it is found in typical morning glory recipes.
This recipe for my healthy morning glory breakfast muffins is dairy free and loaded with flavour. Warming spices mixed perfectly with the sweetness from the apple and carrot and the nutty walnuts. There’s a lot going on for one muffin, but it all works perfectly. They’d be a welcomed addition to this years Easter breakfast or brunch.
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (walnut pieces)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated apple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Sprinkle in the walnuts, carrot and apple and toss to coat in flour.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet into the dry and fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Using an ice-cream scoop divide the batter into a greases muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.