Raise your hand if you’ve been looking for a no bake vegan cheesecake recipe? This vegan cashew cheesecake is easy to make and healthy. Well, you have to leave out the super cute mini eggs to make that claim, but the actual cheesecake part is healthy. Cashews and coconut cream add healthy fats and the maple syrup is a great alternative to refined sugars. Plus you don’t have to worry about any complicate baking techniques or turning on the oven.
I’ve never been a huge fan of cheesecake – well at least not the classic. I always find they taste too much like cheese (after all they are made from cheese) and not enough like dessert. I can do a small piece of a fruity cheesecake or a chocolate one but it’s still not my first choice. It’s not even in my top 5. I know, I’m slowly growing to enjoy a small slice when offered but I’m not fully there. That’s why I’m so happy someone came up with the idea to make a cheese free version. My latest no bake recipe made with cashews and mini eggs is super cute with Easter just around the corner.
I’ve also shared a citrus curd version and raspberry cheesecake tarts if you’re looking to do a whole no bake cheesecake spread. Also keep your eyes peeled for a cashew free version. Hoping to create a more classic lemon vegan cheesecake this spring.
- 12 medjool dates
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Cheesecake Filling
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (honey if not vegan)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup chopped mini eggs
- Soak cashews in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the crust by pulsing all ingredients in a food processor until a dough forms that holds together when pinched.
- Press firmly into an 8 x 8 spring form cake pan.
- Drain cashews and blend with the remaining filling ingredients except the mini eggs. Fold in half the chopped mini eggs and pour over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining mini eggs on the top of the cheesecake and place in the freezer to set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Let thaw 10 minutes before serving.