We all know the popular peanut butter cups that get turned into eggs around Easter time. You know, the addicting sugar filled peanut butter dough thats shaped like an easter egg and coated in silky chocolate. Well, I’ve created a refined sugar free version that is just a good. It’s even dairy free and grain free so everyone can enjoy.
These chocolate peanut butter eggs are easy to make and extremely addictive. Soft nutty dough transformed into eggs and coated in dairy free chocolate – the perfect combination of nutty and sweet! Ready for Easter dinner, the cake stand in the centre of the dessert table to be exact.
Wholesome ingredients transformed into a
simple and delicious spring dessert!
Simple wholesome ingredients get transformed into a delicious and addictive treat perfect for spring celebrations. Take peanut butter cups to another level by turning them into cute little eggs – peanut butter dough shaped into eggs and covered in melted chocolate. Does it get any cuter, or easier?
Can’t do peanuts? No problem. Substitute sunflower butter and you have a nut free version.
- 1 cup runny peanut butter or sunflower butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- sprinkles (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the top 5 ingredients until a dough forms.
- Shape the dough into 12 little eggs. Place on a wax paper lined plate and into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time melt the chocolate and coconut oil by bringing an inch of water to the simmer in a small sauce spot and placing a glass bowl on top.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool slightly. Gently dip the eggs into the chocolate to coat and then set back on the plate. Move quickly so the nut butter eggs don’t soften.
- Top with sprinkles.