I’m a sucker for a pretty cupcake. The mountain of icing, fun colours and sparkly sprinkles lure me into a sugar coma black hole. I just can’t say no.
I love this combination of pastel pink and pearl sprinkles – perfect for spring, mother’s day, Easter and birthdays. Or just an ordinary Wednesday – I won’t stop you.
These vanilla cupcakes check all the boxes – pretty, fluffy, delicious and vegan. Plus you can swap out the AP flour for a gluten free version. Make them today and bring yourself back to being a kid, eyes bulging at the sight of a cupcake in the bakery window. “Mommy, can I have one?”
These cupcakes pair perfectly with my homemade icing recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk (other plant milk)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients and whisk into dry until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and decorate with pastel icing and sprinkles.