This elegant take on the classic lasagna is fun, creamy and dairy free. Yup, its the perfect crowd pleasing dish that everyone can eat. Make it with gluten free noodles like I did and you really do check all the boxes.
I love playing around with classic recipes and making them easier, a little more fun or elevating them into a show stopping meal. These spinach and cashew ricotta lasagna roll ups are the perfect example. Transform a classic layered dish with what feels like twenty steps into an easy and elevated dinner party main. Take a few minutes to make the cashew ricotta and boil the noodles and you’re good to go. Plus rolling everything into little bundles makes it easy to serve and really fun to present.
The classic elevated into an easy entertaining friendly dish.
Spinach and ricotta is a classic combination and no one will know you’ve swapped the traditional dairy for a cashew version. Until they ask for the recipe that is 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 300 g thawed spinach, drained
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 12 lasagna pasta sheets, gluten free
- Soak cashews in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and add to the base of a food processor.
- Add the water, lemon juice and spices to the cashews and pulse until creamy and the mixture resembles ricotta.
- Transfers the cashew ricotta to a bowl and stir in the thawed and drained spinach.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Par boil the pasta sheets until they are just pliable enough to roll.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spread a thin layer of marinara on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Spread the cashew spinach mixture on the softened noodles and roll into little bundles. Lay them in the baking dish and cover with the remaining marinara.
- Bake covered for about 35 minutes.