I’m the type of person who loves to snack. My idea meal is a platter of snack bits – like a charcuterie board but with a variety of little nibbles instead of just cheese and meat. So these balls are right up my alley. Delicious, portable and satisfy not only my sweet tooth but also my hunger pains.
I read something the other day that resonated with me. A little girl referred to her pockets as snack holes – – how cute! I couldn’t agree more, that’s exactly what pockets were made for and these energy balls would be perfect companion for your snack holes.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 4 Tbsp honey (or brown rice syrup)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the seed butter and honey. Mix using a spatula or wooden spoon until everything is combined.
- Roll into 2 bite sized balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.