Whipped cream is one of the most versatile dessert staples. Eat with fresh berries, dollop on pie or brownies, jazz up pudding or layer in a trifle. There isn’t much whip cream doesn’t go with.
Simple, subtly sweet and creamy textured the perfect whip cream is magical – – like a cloud in dessert heaven. This version is all those things and dairy free. Yes! thats right – made with coconut cream and every bit as heavenly and delicious.
Keep this recipe in your back pocket and be the hero to every vegan and dairy free person at your next gathering. It looks and acts just like the real stuff and tastes every bit as amazing!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Refrigerate coconut milk for 24 hours upside down.
- Turn can upright and open – careful not to shake.
- Carefully scoop out the thick cream part into a chilled bowl leaving the water behind.
- Whip for 2 minutes using an electric whisk. Add sugar and vanilla and whip until fluffy, about 5 minutes.