With all the buzz around resolutions and new year transformations – most of them revolving around getting healthy, working out, loosing weight, eating better and so on and so forth – I thought I would write a little post with some of my simple and realistic tips on how to be and feel healthy while still living life. Yes, you can feel great and have healthy habits without feeling like you’re trapped.
Be kind to yourself – – Be realistic
I’ve developed a 28 day challenge designed to build daily habits and support an overall feeling of wellbeing. 28 days of simple health habits to help inspire and promote eating well, getting active and living a healthier life. It celebrates setting realistic and attainable goals that will turn into daily habits. Each day for the month of February we’ll introduce a new challenge & build on the previous habits to gradually build up to 28 daily habits in 28 days — all designed to help enhance your energy, sleep, mood, fitness and nutrition. Follow along with the guide and record your daily achievements with the health tracker. At the end of the 28 days you’ll have implemented 28 new health habits into your daily routine. How amazing is that!
You don’t have to do it alone. This is an interactive challenge – share your daily actions on instagram and help encourage the entire community. #HealthyFebruary #SFW28DAYS
Here’s a sneak peak at some of my tips for healthy living:
- Water, Water, Water: drink 3 L of water daily. Not only will it improve energy, scare off headaches and keep your skin glowing, but its necessary for cell function, digestion and detox.
- Meal Plan and Make a list: Having a plan makes healthy choices easier and you know exactly what to buy – reducing the chances of you wondering every aisle of the store looking for inspiration and inevitably adding junk to the cart. It also helps with he dinner hour after a long day at the office – preventing the I’m too tired to think of dinner I’ll just order in tonight.
- Avoid processed products: choose foods with single ingredient list – – fruit, veg, beans, grains, meat, nuts. This ensures you avoid refined sugar, processed oils, nutrient void flours, and ingredients you can’t pronounce. Nutrition and what we eat plays a huge factor in health – your body can’t run off of garbage.
- Move your booty: go for a walk, grab a workout class, vacuum the house, skip with he kids. Choose whatever makes you happy, but make sure you move your body everyday. Sedentary living is one of the biggest factors in poor health.
- Get Outside: Fresh air improves mood and energy. I don’t know about you, but I am at my happiest when I’m enjoying some aspect of nature.
To learn more about turning these tips into simple daily habits join the 28 Day Health Challenge!
When we set realistic goals it improves our chances of success. It’s near impossible to change every aspect of your life or transform over night, but tacking small steps in the right direction and making little changes can have a life changing impact. You don’t have to do it alone. Say yes to the 28 day challenge and join myself and the rest of the community on the journey to feeling your best!
– – –
Want more ideas and simple ways to build healthy habits? Need help setting those goals and committing to your health? Join the 28 Day Challenge and experience how small habits can have a big impact – – transform your energy, nutrition, fitness and health