This spinach dip will have any vegan or lactose intolerant jumping for joy. Heck, it’ll make anyone jump for joy. It’s so good!
Made without dairy but just as creamy and luscious as any regular spinach dip. I actually prefer this version to the cream cheese laden classics. And it doesn’t make me feel like I need a nap after eating it. You know that heavy feeling that makes you feel like you can’t move. None of that here.
A spinach dip everyone can enjoy. If you ask me, that makes it the perfect appetizer.
Creamy, spinachy and really delicious!
- 300g frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (neutral oil)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- cashew cream (full recipe from below)
- Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cashew cream by adding all ingredients to a blender and pureeing until creamy and smooth. Set to the side.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Soften onions for about 5 minutes then add the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook another couple minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to mix with the onions and garlic.
- Remove skillet from the heat and mix in the coconut yogurt, cashew cream and almond milk. Whisk until fully combined.
- Squeeze excess water out of the thawed spinach and then add to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with naan, break sticks, veggies or a sliced up baguette.