Shortbread is a nostalgic Christmas cookie for me and many others. Think about how many tins of shortbread appear on store shelves and in homes across the world around the holiday season. Shortbread screams Christmas!
This recipe is easy to make and absolutely delicious. I may have eaten a whole batch myself. It was just too hard to stop 🙂
Bring a little Christmas nostalgia and tradition to your home and indulge in some buttery shortbread cookies. It is the holidays 🙂
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 earl grey tea bag (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter with vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Sift in dry ingredients in small batches mixing between batches. A wooden spoon works best followed by your hands.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll out on a floured surface. Roll about 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden.