It’s almost December which means Christmas is just under a month away. With the malls looking more like zoos and the parking lots packed beyond belief you might want to avoids the shops all together. Why not give those on your list delicious handmade edible gifts. Nothing says I care like a gift from the heart that you made. These yummy treats look beautiful and are sure to make anyone on your gifting list happy.
Edible Gift Guide for Foodies
Spiced Nuts (recipe below)
- 3 cups almonds
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the almonds, maple syrup and spices.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes.
- Cool for a couple minutes and lift off the baking sheet with a spatula. (you want to make sure the notes don’t stick to the pan when cooling)
- Store in an airtight container.