On October 3rd he asked me what day it was … It’s October 3rd.
Happy Mean Girls Day … hope you’re sporting your best pink outfit. After all, “on Wednesdays we wear pink”.
Now that we’ve acknowledge that today is going to be one heck of an amazing day – I mean, the stars have clearly aligned. Mean girls day on a Wednesday. What more do I have to say. Let’s celebrate with fall inspired funfetti cupcakes.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner (well for us Canadians) and I’ve got something to make your life and hosting duties easier. Why not bake a delicious and super simple dessert by turning a box cake mix into something special with a few additional ingredients. With all the chaos of prepping dinner, hosting and decorating, take some stress away by making an easy (but still party worthy) dessert.
Transform your favourite vanilla funfetti box mix into a fall worthy pumpkin funfetti cake/cupcakes. Turn things up a notch and go crazy with the autumn decor – coloured sprinkles, sugar leaves, dyed icing, pumpkin candies and festive cupcake liners. Transform the humble cake mix into a show stopping dessert.
- 1 boxed vanilla funfetti cake mix
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees celsius.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Divide batter into the liners and bake for approx. 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Leave to cool and decorate.
*for reference my cake mix originally called for 1 cup water, 1/2 cup oil and 3 eggs.