This is probably my most requested cookie recipe. Actually, it probably lands itself on the top 5 most requested recipe list. From family to friends every loves a good oatmeal cookie. Not too sweet, just enough oats and the perfect slightly crisp texture. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
This recipe was first created for a friend who just had a baby. I added brewers yeast to the dough to make her some trendy lactation cookies and made a yeast free batch for her significant other. Little did I know they would both be a hit and my friends would be requesting cookies in hand at every visit from then out. I guess thats a good thing 🙂
So weather you add the brewer’s yeast or keep it out, these oatmeal cookies are the perfect way to fill your favourite cookie jar.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the coconut oil and sugars using an electric whisk.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (depending on size), or until a light golden colour.