Not sure how you feel about kale. I’ve got the salad to change your mind. It has crispy chickpeas that taste like bacon croutons and a tangy, creamy lemon dressing that perfectly coats every piece of kale. It’s super simple to make and lasts for a couple days in the fridge. This salad just gets better with time.
Crunchy chickpeas take this salad to the next level
- Crispy Chickpeas
- 1 can (398 ml) chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creamy Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tsp slat
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 medium head of kale, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas and shake to dry.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with spices. Toss to coat.
- *if any of the chickpea skins loosen remove them.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing half way through.
- In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add a splash of water if needed.
- Remove the leafy part of the kale from the tough stalk. Hold the stalk end with one hand and gently pull your other hand down the stalk to remove the leafy part.
- Finely chop kale by scrunching it into a pile and finely slicing. Then randomly chop to make smaller pieces.
- Place chopped kale into a bowl and top with the grated carrots and crispy chickpeas.
- Spoon over the dressing and toss with your hands, gently massaging the dressing into the kale.
- Serve along side grilled chicken or fish.