For me not much is better than the perfect mix of tang and sweet. It doesn’t matter if it’s a tart, cookie, cake, or muffin. If it checks off both boxes I’m in! For me, this lemon bundt cake is a winner. Not only does it check off both boxes (tangy and sweet), it’s also great for entertaining and the perfect treat on a spring or summer day.
Sweet and tangy lemon is my one of my favourite types of dessert (top 3 for sure)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups flour (can us all-purpose gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar using an electric beater.
- Add the eggs, extract, and coconut yogurt and continue to beat.
- Mix in the milk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet while beating with the electric mixer.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for approx. 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn the cake onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Glaze with mixture of 2 cups of icing sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice and a couple tsp of water. The amount of water will depend on your desired glaze thickness. Start with 1 tsp and slowly add more if needed.
What’s your idea of a perfect dessert? Let me know in the comments below.