Who does’t want to eat chocolate for breakfast? Isn’t that every kids (most adults, if we’re being honest) dream. Wake up, stumble to the kitchen and devour a decadent chocolate anything. Well, if you’re anything like me and relish in any excuse to eat something that feels like dessert for breakfast then I have the recipe for you.
Chocolate for breakfast
This secret ingredient muffin makes chocolate an acceptable and dare I say healthy breakfast option. These muffins are loaded with protein and fibre helping to hold you over until your mid-morning snack or even until lunch. That’s what I call a breakfast of champions.
Let’s get into some photos and the recipe 🙂
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup almond or coconut milk
- 398 ml can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- Handful of mini dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add all the wet ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well combined. You want the beans to be broken up and well mixed into the other ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and pulse again to combine. Then add the chocolate chips and pulse a couple more times.
- Divide batter into greased muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
What’s your favourite decedent breakfast treat? Leave a comment below.