My sweet tooth hit in full force this past week. I seemed to eat anything in my path involving chocolate … and I did’t feel bad about it. I made desserts from scratch, ate small amounts (multiple times a day), and balanced it out with veggies and my favourite booty moving activities. Life is about balance and being able to indulge and celebrate without guilt and shame. If I could never eat dessert again I would be a pretty grumpy person. Who wouldn’t?
One of the many desserts I made were these fudgy brownies. I kept them in the fridge all week and grabbed a slice most nights after dinner. Nothing beats a fudge brownie with some fresh strawberries and a drizzle of almond butter. You need to try it.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 chocolate bars, broken into squares
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour (all purpose 1-1 blend)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional: 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a double boiler gently melt butter with 1 1/2 chocolate bars. Saving the remains 1/2 bar for the end.
- Transfer butter mixture into another bowl and whisk in vanilla, maple syrup, and honey. This will help cool the butter mixture slightly.
- Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Using a spatula stir in the dry ingredients and the remaining 1/2 chocolate bar.
- Transfer batter to a greased and parchment lined 8×8 baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the brownies sit for another 5 minutes before removing them from the oven.
- Let cool on the counter and enjoy.