Ginger anything has my name written all over it. Especially during the holidays. I could eat gingerbread lattes, houses, and men all day long. Throw in these soft and chewy ginger molasses cookies and a cheesy holiday movie and you’ve described my perfect Friday night 🙂 Who else is with me?
What’s your favourite holiday flavour? Are you a ginger fanatic like me? Or would you prefer peppermint, orange, or even cranberry?
Include these ginger molasses cookies in your next cookie swap and you’ll be invited every year to come. Yes … they are that good!
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup molasses (I used the fancy kind for better flavour)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups AP flour (can also use AP Gluten Free flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Sift in your dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. You don’t want to see any flour.
- Scoop dough into roughly 1 inch balls and roll in a little granulated sugar (This step is optional, but highly recomended)
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely before enjoying.