Adding warming spices is the perfect way to revamp the basic banana loaf and make it more festive for the fall and winter months. Make mini loafs and wrap them in burlap and twine for a delicious homemade hostess gift or package the dry ingredients in a mason jar for the perfect secret santa present. Food always makes people happy – especially this spiced banana loaf!
Leave the loaf plain or dress it up with a simple spiced glaze by combining icing sugar, cinnamon, and water. Make it as thick or thin as you’d like.
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Can also use 2 mini loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas with a fork until they form a paste. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until set and golden brown. If using mini loaf pans bake for about 20 minutes.