Do you ever crave cookies for breakfast? I have the perfect cookie that is breakfast approved. Low in sugar, filled with protein, and satisfying carbohydrates.You won’t feel bad about eating a couple of these first thing in the morning.
You’ve probably heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is because our body has gone around 8 hours (or more) without food. In order to have energy for the day we need to nourish our body which starts with a nutritious breakfast. Not only do you want to eat upon waking but you want to make sure you consume protein and healthy fats, two things found in these breakfast cookies. Pair these breakfast approved cookies with your morning coffee/tea and some fresh fruit for a delicious energy boost.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined
- Form dough into 12 balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press the dough balls down with the palm of your hand to form cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!