As you already know desserts are my favourite thing to create in the kitchen. I definitely have a bigger sweet tooth than salty. But I also love a good pucker and a cold glass of homemade lemonade on a hot summer day. This got me thinking. What if I combined my two loves, dessert and lemonade. And that’s how these sweet and tangy beauties were born. I present to you, the raspberry lemonade cupcake! In my opinion the perfect dessert!
I’ve been trying to create the perfect gluten-free lemon cake for some time now and I feel like these are pretty much perfect. I ate 4 in the span of a couple hours, so, I’d say I like them 🙂 These gems would be perfect for any late summer party, birthday celebrations, or a casual weeknight treat. They should essentially be on the menu everyday 😉
I hope these cupcakes inspire you to reinvent one of your favourite dishes and have some fun in the kitchen. There is nothing more satisfying than nailing a recipe.
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used carton coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (I used Silk brand)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Irresistible brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large measuring cup combine the non-dairy milk, coconut yogurt, and lemon juice. Let rest.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time beating to combine.
- Add the lemon extract and zest and beat to combine.
- Alternate adding the milk and flour mixtures in batches, beating between each addition.
- Let the batter rest for a couple minutes while you line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- In a large bowl cream the butter with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add the icing sugar as you continue beating.
- Once the icing is looking fluffy add the lemon juice and raspberry jam and beat to combine.
- Let the icing sit in the fridge while your cupcakes cool.