Any one growing their own veggies? Is your garden thriving this year? My garden is exploding with zucchini! It seems like there is a new zucchini every day. They grow out of control before I have time to pick them. I’m not complaining, I love gardening, but this year has been a zucchini lovers paradise. Anyone want a zucchini?
I’ve been searching for recipes to use up my bounty. Everything from savoury noodles to sweet treats. The good part about having a new zucchini everyday is that it’s allowed me to perfect the humble zucchini bread. I think I’ve nailed it with this one. It’s moist, but no too gooey in the middle, has great spice flavour and is the perfect canvas for any mix in you fancy 🙂
The mix ins are my favourite part. It’s a chance for you to add your own personality. Anything from classic chocolate chips to walnuts, dried cranberries, peanut butter chips, or coconut. This is the perfect opportunity to put your own spin on the recipe. Make it your own. Get creative!
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze as much of the excess water out of the zucchini as you can with your hands.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients including the zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Let the loaf sit for 5 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the middle has set and the loaf is golden.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely.
Here’s to a bountiful garden and zucchini harvest!