Freshly made almond milk beats the store bought kind any day. If you haven’t tried fresh almond milk you need to stop what you’re doing and make some right now! Im not kidding. It’s so delicious!
I got a little fancy this time and made two flavoured milks – matcha and chocolate. But i also love vanilla cinnamon and plain – I haven’t had a fresh, homemade milk I haven’t liked.
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 3 cups filtered water
- flavour options:
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- splash of vanilla
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 heaped tsps cocoa powder
- Soak your almonds overnight in the fridge. If you’re in a time crunch you can also soak for 30 minutes in hot water.
- Drain and rinse almonds then blend in a high speed blender with filtered water until smooth and frothy.
- Strain out the pulp using a nut milk bag or clean tea towel or cheese cloth. Simply squeeze out the milk into a large measuring cup leaving the pulp behind.
- If you want flavoured milk add the strained milk back to the blender and get creative.