As many of you have probably figured out I LOVE COOKIES! I am for sure a modern day cookie monster. Sometimes a girl just needs a cookie (or a tray of cookies).
Generally I create and enjoy recipes that avoid overly processed grains and refined sugar, but sometimes you have to make an exception. Sometimes you need to throw all caution to the wind. These chocolate peanut butter cookies are one of those times.
These cookies are the love child of a brownie and a cookie – who has a thing for peanut butter cups 😉 I’m not judging, cause they are delicious!
Best time to enjoy these cookies:
- having a bad day
- having a party
- watching a movie
- had a hard/busy day
…. all day, everyday!
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, free run
- 1 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter, natural
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer
- Add vanilla and egg, beat until well combined
- Sift in dry ingredients and beat until well combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon 1 Tbsp dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Dollop 1/4 tsp peanut butter onto the middle of the cookies and gently press into the dough with your finger
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy!