Everyone always says breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But, do you ever struggle with what to make? Do you every lack inspiration, don’t have time or an appetite for anything? Don’t stress – these are the moments when granola saves the morning! Make a large batch at the beginning of the week and keep it in an airtight container either on the contour or in the fridge. Switch up the flavour pairings and have fun with spices. Granola will become your new best friend.
This triple coconut granola will entice even the coconut haters in your life (trust me, I’m one of them). Keep things simple with a little nut milk or make it special by adding fresh berries and coconut yogurt. A good bowl of granola can turn any day around! No more excuses and absolutely no more skipping breakfast! Grab a bowl and lets granola!
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds to form crumble size peices.
- Add the nuts and remaining dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a small sauce pan heat oil and syrup over low heat until everything is melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour wet mixture over dry and mix until everything is well combined. You want all the dry ingredients to be coated in the oil and syrup mixture.
- Spread granola in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for approx. 20 minutes, or until lightly golden in colour.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.