Making cookies is one of my favourite parts of the Holidays. Times spent weighing ingredients, needing dough and rolling cookies with my grandmother are some of my most cherished holiday memories. This is what the holidays are all about – sending time with those you love and making memories.
For a cookie monster like myself there are never enough cookies – especially at the holidays. Everything from shortbread and sugar cookies to walnut cookies and these chocolate candy cane cookies – you can never have too many!
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup butter (or vegan butter)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the chia egg and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add in the chia egg and vanilla extract, beat to combine.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and slowly add to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat until well combined.
- Fold in the candy canes leaving some to sprinkle on the top.
- Using a small cookie scoop divide dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently flatten with your hands and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining candy canes.