I don’t think I have ever met anyone who doesn’t like pizza! It’s one of those universal go to comfort foods. The delivery guy you call after a long work week when you don’t feel like cooking or the late night stop after the bar. I know not every one can handle eating the conventional wheat and yeast based crust which is why I created this delicious almond flour based version. It has a great texture and holds together allowing you to pick it up to devour – no fork and knife necessary!
The mild almond flavour pairs well with any of your favourite toppings and doesn’t require the long rising time that conventional crust needs! This means you can eat your pizza faster! Yahoo! If you’re looking for a replacement pizza crust that isn’t full of tummy busting ingredient this recipe is for you!
- 1 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup arrow root
- 1/4 cup garbanzo/fava bean flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined and a sticky dough forms.
- Spread dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. You want the dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes to start the cooking processes.
- Add your favourite toppings and bake another 15 minutes until nice and golden brown.
What are your favourite pizza toppings?