August is peach season here in Canada, which means eating at least one peach a day for the entire month! 🙂 I can’t get enough of ripe peaches, but sometimes you get a little too ambitious at the farmers market and buy more peaches than you can manage. This only means it’s peach crisp time!! No better time than fruit crisp time!
I used my excess peaches along with some fresh blueberries to make a delicious summer fruit crisp. This crisp is topped with an oat and almond meal crumble and is incredibly delicious! It is perfect for dessert topped with some coconut whip or ice cream, but can also be devoured at breakfast alongside some yogurt. Peaches are one of my favourite fruits, which means I eat as many as I can when they are in season! This crisp takes peach eating to the next level.
- 5 peaches, chopped
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil butter ghee, slightly softened (can just use coconut oil)
- 4 tbsp unrefined sugar
- Preheat you oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size baking dish mix together your peaches and blueberries. Sorry, I’m not sure how big my dish was. You want the fruit to cover the entire both of the dish and come at least 1 inch up the sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine your oats, almond meal, softened coconut oil butter ghee and sugar. Mix until everything is combined. It should resemble wet sand with oats in it 🙂
- Layer the crumble ontop of the mixed fruit and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes, or until the topping is lightly golden and the fruit juices are bubbling.
Happy Peach Eating!