Yesterday was national chocolate chip cookie day, and to celebrate I created a delicious cookie recipe with a twist.
I combined buttery cashew butter with sweet coconut sugar and rice flour to make a decedent gluten-free and vegan chocolate chip cookie! This crowd pleaser is perfect any time of the day!
Pour a big class of dairy-free milk and cozy up with a big plate of cookies for the perfect end to a busy day. Cookies always make everything better!
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp ground chia + 6 Tbsp water)
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl make your chia eggs by whisking together the chia seeds and 6 Tbsp water. Set aside for 5 minutes to form a gel.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cashew butter, 1 Tbsp water, sugar and vanilla. Blend with a fork until everything is combined. Add the chia eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to the cashew butter mixture and fold until everything is well incorporated.
- Fold in 2 handfuls of mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press down with your hand to flatten.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden.