The long weekend is upon us and I have the perfect party recipe that won’t keep you tied down to the kitchen. This warm dip is easy to make, perfect for sharing and loaded with fiber, protein and iron… Not to mention its creamy and doesn’t require unhealthy cream cheese.
The base is made with cannellini beans to achieve that creamy texture everyone loves. Beans also add fiber and protein to help satisfy hunger and remove toxins – it’s the long weekend and I know you’re indulging in some treats. We also add Popeyes favourite veggie and a good helping of cheese!
There’s nothing worse than being stuck in the kitchen while the rest of the party is enjoying drinks outside. This dip is easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of prep, so you can join the party!
1 (14 oz) can of cannellini beans
3/4 of a 300g pack of chopped frozen spinach
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable stock
3 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
1/2 cup cheese (Asiago or mozzarella)
- Defrost the frozen spinach and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Drain and rinse your canned beans.
- Add all the ingredient (except the cheese) to a food processor and pulse until everything is combined and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium size bowl and fold in 3/4 of the cheese.
- Divide the dip into small ramekins or one oven safe dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until the dip is warm and the cheese is melty.
Happy Long Weekend