There’s nothing more satisfying than a plate full of freshly baked cookies. The aroma of butter and sugar fill the kitchen air as the cookie dough transforms into the perfect afternoon treat. The soft gooey center filled with melted chocolate combined with the crunchy outer shell is topped by nothing else. I don’t know about you but cookies don’t stand a chance in my house. The entire tray is devoured within hours. Forget saving any for the next day or even to accompany my evening cup of tea.
This recipe is the perfect treat to share with friends and family. It’s gluten-free and vegan, not to mention paleo friendly too! The whole foods based ingredients take away all the guilt of eating a cookie and allow for an experience of pure pleasure.
Make these cookies this weekend and don’t look back. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl make your chia egg by whisking together the ground chia seeds and water. Let sit for a couple of minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the sugar, coconut butter and oil using an electric mixer.
- Add your chia egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat for a another couple seconds with the electric mixer.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Mix by hand until everything is combined.
- Gently fold in your chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a tablespoon measure. Leave 1 inch between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden.
- Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.