Long weekends are all about spending time with family, relaxing and making memories by exploring new surroundings. At least that’s how I feel. I love taking advantage of this extra time away from work to go on adventures and spend some relaxing time around the house. Big breakfasts are the best way to get this party started.
The perfect way to kick start long weekends is pancakes … and chocolate pancakes are even better! These cashew butter pancakes are filling and extremely satisfying. Good fats from the nut butter help satisfy hunger and balance blood sugar. Both very important things when it comes to breakfast.
Make any morning special with these decadent chocolate cashew pancakes.
- 1 – 1 1/3 cups almond milk (depends on how thick you like your pancakes)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Put all ingredients in the base of a blender and blend until everything is combined.
- The batter should look like an unset mousse. A little thick and creamy.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat. Melt about 1 tsp of vegan butter and add 1/4 cup of batter to form each pancake.
- Cook for a couple minutes, until bubbles form on the top of the pancake, then flip and cook another couple of minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Happy Easter Long Weekend