St. Patricks day is almost here and you know what that means. Everyone’s heading to the beloved golden arches restaurant to get their shamrock shake. Loaded with sugar, processed ingredients and digestion disrupting cow’s milk. I know people want to be festive and embrace the consumerism culture surrounding this day full of Irish love, but there’s no reason to suffer. You can celebrate and drink festive green shakes without sacrificing your energy and digestion. I have the perfect milk shake to celebrate St. Paddy’s day without the bloat.
Matcha is loaded with
antioxidants to help
fight free radicals.
Instead of filling your body with processed “crap” embrace the beauty of health and enjoy this nutritious spin on the Shamrock shake. Creamy, sweet and vibrant green it has all the components that people love about its evil cousin but none of the highly processed, sugar laden and digestion disrupting ingredients. This green tea version will become your new go to, not only for one week in March but throughout the entire year. It’s a game changer!
- Matcha green tea is loaded with antioxidants and detoxifying properties that help cleanse the body and support our immune system. Containing L-Theanine it has also been shown to improve memory and concentration.
- Avocados contain healthy fats that help provide creaminess and keep us satisfied. Healthy fats support our metabolism as well as skin, hair and nail health.
- Spinach adds and extra punch of iron rich green colour to help improve energy levels and blood oxygenation.
- 2 1/4 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 sp vanilla
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used a whey protein)
- optional: mint extract if you like a minty flavour
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in your favourite glass with a straw and enjoy!