Some days you just need an extra boost of energy to get your day started or push through that mid-afternoon slump. A lot of people would reach for their favourite coffee beverage. Not me! I reach for the rich antioxidant matcha green tea. This gives you that quick kick in the behind without the dreaded crash 30 minutes later. In order to truly sustain your energy levels and in turn function for more than and hour you need a balanced boost of energy. This latte provides just that. The quick energy of caffeine but the balanced sustainability that keeps you going from protein and healthy fats.
This creamy and delicious latte is perfect along side your breakfast or as your mid-afternoon energy boosting snack. It’s loaded with antioxidants, protein and healthy fats that are not only good for your health but amazing for your energy levels. The matcha green tea provides a stable source of caffeine while the maca powder supports our adrenals and energy system. Pair that with protein and healthy fats from the hemp hearts, almonds and protein powder and you have the perfect balance. You’ll be ready to take on the world…girl boss style!
- 1 1/2 tsp matcha green tea
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used whey for a creamier texture)
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- In a small sauce pot bring the first 5 ingredients to a gentle simmer over medium heat.
- Once the mixture is warm transfer it to a blender and puree along with the protein powder and hemp hearts.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!