Super bowl is just around the corner and I have the perfect crowd pleasing recipe for you. A spin on a classic game day dish that will satisfy the vegans and meat eaters alike. They are so good no one will miss the chicken.
If you ask me the best part about game day gatherings is the food. Don’t get me wrong, spending time with friends and family is nice but food always wins … especially guilty pleasure finger foods. This cauliflower Buffalo bite recipe will satisfy all game day cravings but without the guilt.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup butter (or vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used sriracha)
- 3 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all batter ingredients until well combined.
- Dredge each piece of cauliflower through the batter to coat
- Lay battered cauliflower on a parchment lined baking sheet – make sure to leave space between each piece.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Flip the cauliflower and bake another 10-12 minutes or until it gets some colour.
- Remove from the oven and coat the cauliflower in the buffalo sauce.
- Place back onto the baking sheet and bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve along side some fresh cut veggies and your favourite ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Add the hot sauce and honey and stir to combine.