Trying to keep your New Year’s resolution and still enjoy a little sweetness? I have just the recipe for you. Perfect over fruit, added to some cereal or even right off the spoon. Or you can press it into a pan and make no bake snack bars. It’s the most versatile and delicious recipe. I have become obsessed!
What is this recipe you say. None other than a delicious and health supporting date and nut crumble. It’s packed full of fibre, healthy fat and 100% natural sugar (no refined stuff here).
I have been putting this stuff on everything, but my favourite has been making apple crumble parfaits. It’s simple and tastes like I’m eating an apple pie. Only I didn’t have to make a crust, cook it for hours or get flour over the entire kitchen. No…. Just dice an apple and sprinkle generously with the crumble. That’s what I call dessert!
- 9 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I like using a little extra cinnamon flavour)
- 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until they are nicely chopped and a crumble forms.
- *pulse the mixture a little extra if you want to make snack bars. this will help it become a little sticky.
*If you want to make the crumble into easy snack bars firmly press the mixture into a baking dish and freeze for 1-2 hours. Then cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.