I’m so proud and honoured to be included in an amazing and delicious 7 part series collaborative cookbook created by Jesse Lane Wellness. The dessert portion just got released and it’s a good one! Healthy dairy-free desserts makes the perfect gift or holiday baking guide. Full of healthy, low sugar desserts that you can feel good about eating.
The recipes are equally delicious and guilt free and the pictures are out of this world! It is definitely one cookbook I am happy to have in my collection (and one I will refer to many times).
Jesse Lane is a talented Toronto holistic nutritionist. She is the vibrant owner of JesseLane Wellness, an online based nutrition company offering recipes, protocols and seminars to people near and far. Jesse took her passion for health and married it with her love of sweets in her new cookbook series. She collaborated with some of her friends and fellow nutritionists to create a seven part cookbook series dedicated to teaching people how to make delicious and nutritious recipes.
Jesse is a self proclaimed sugar fiend. She has loved sweets and desserts from an early age but after experiencing some health issues she decided to get creative in the kitchen and make her desserts with no refined sugar and no white flour. Healthy dairy-free desserts was created to share her tips and tricks for sugar alternatives, flour substitutes and allergy friendly treats. Jesse and her fellow nutritionist (like me) want to teach everyone how to have their cake and eat it too!
Featuring a variety of tastebud approved dessert recipes, healthy dairy-free desserts has everything from peanut butter soft serve to black forest brownies and pear apple pie. It is loaded with drool worthy pictures and every recipe has been tested by over 30 individuals with all baking skill levels. With over 30 tried and true recipes utilizing easy to find ingredients and savvy baking tricks this cookbook makes the perfect partner for all your holiday baking. It has a recipe for every occasion – from puddings to cookies to ice cream healthy dairy-free desserts has something for everyone!
Created with love by a group of food loving nutritionists the recipes are healthy but taste decadent. Even the biggest sweet tooth’s will be satisfied.
Don’t let your love of dessert be destroyed by your love for health. Healthy dairy-free desserts lets you have the best of both worlds. All recipes are soy and dairy free and contain no refined sugar or white flour. Many recipes are also gluten free and vegan. They are the perfect accompaniment (in moderation of course) to a healthy lifestyle. Everyone needs a little sweet in there life!
This is one cookbook you won’t be able to live without!
Here’s a little sneak peak at one of the recipes from the book.
- Carob Shell Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup carob, sifted
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Sunflower Seed Filling Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp powdered stevia
- Pinch salt
- To make the carob shell, whisk the melted coconut oil, carob powder, stevia and vanilla together in a small bowl.
- Pour a third of the carob shell mixture into a muffin pan lined with paper or silicone liners and place in the freezer to set.
- While the base is hardening, make the filling by stirring together the sunflower seed butter, nutritional yeast, 1 Tbsp coconut flour, stevia and salt. Depending on the consistency of the sunflower seed butter you are using, add additional coconut flour until the filling becomes a wet dough.
- Remove the muffin pan from the freezer and roll the filling into balls. Place a ball into each base and flatten it into a smooth disk.
- Top with the remaining carob shell mixture and freeze for 2 hours to set.
- Store in the freezer in an air tight container and serve cold.