Today is remembrance day and as I sit here and think about the sacrifice our brave men and women have made for the freedom and safety of our country I am nothing but proud and grateful. Thank those who serve/served for us, those who help keep our country safe and those who fight for our freedom. This day is about showing your respect and appreciation for those who dedicate their lives to serving our country.
In my opinion one of the best ways to show your appreciation is to do something nice in return. I love to show my love and appreciate to others by making them dinner or a basket of treats. There’s nothing better than hand made treats to show how grateful you are.
Since its fall and still pumpkin season I thought delicious pumpkin spice date balls would be the perfect recipe to make and share with others. Wrap these delicious morsels in mini cupcake wrappers and deliver them in a festive tin to the ones you love. Show your appreciation and gratitude today.
- 1/2 cup (about 5) Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- Add the dates to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to chop.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple, chia seeds and water. Pulse to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the ingredients are combined and a sticky ball of dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the flash frozen balls to an air tight container and store in the freezer until ready to eat.