Weekends are the perfect time to indulge and take a moment for yourself. For me this means sitting down to a stack of waffles drizzled with maple syrup and accompanied by fresh fruit. Since its the unofficial month of pumpkins, I thought it was appropriate to celebrate with pumpkin spice waffles. After all, Octobers slogan in the food world is… pumpkin everything!
These waffles are super easy to make and sooo delicious to eat. I even think they would convert non pumpkin lovers. I don’t know how people don’t like pumpkin, but apparently those people exist 😉 Serve these harvest waffles to them without reveling the secret ingredient and I’m sure you will change there mind on the pumpkin. Top your waffles with cinnamon whip cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and some fresh raspberries for an extra indulgent breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, vanilla, oil, almond milk and vinegar.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and whisk well to combine.
- Add 1/3 cup of batter to the waffle machine to make one waffle. Cook until the outside is slightly golden and crispy and the inside is cooked. This should take about 5-8 minutes depending on the heat of your waffle machine.
- Serve warm with your favourite waffle toppings.
Happy waffle eating!