I Hope all my Canadian readers had a great Thanksgiving. It’s so important to take time to give thanks to everyone in your life and recognize all the blessings that you have received, the accomplishments and dreams you have achieved and the people that have supported you through every step. To me Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect on the good in your life. So thank you everyone who regularly reads my blog and try’s my recipes. Thank you for your support and encouragement. I love to cook and develop healthy recipes and to be able to share them with all of you means the world to me. I believe food brings people together and is an amazing way to show your love. There is nothing better than sitting down to a homemade meal inspired by fresh ingredients and made with love. That’s what this blog is all about. Creating simple, fresh and wholesome recipes – recipes that inspire and moments that bring people together.
Today I’m going to share a recipe I made for my family to show them my appreciation and love. A soul warming meal that is perfect for the cool weather and change of the season. I don’t know about you but when I think of comfort food my mind immediately goes to pasta. It doesn’t matter what kind, it just has to be pasta! There is something about carbohydrates that make any situation better.
This recipe for chicken & kale stuffed pasta shells is incredible. Baked pasta, creamy sauce and sprinkles of cheese. I don’t know about you but my mouth is watering just writing about it. Make this for your family and share the love!
- 1 box of large pasta shells
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil (other neutral oil)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 3 cups shredded kale
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp sage, ground
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook 1 minute short of the package directions. Drain and Rinse.
- While the pasta is cooking heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and chicken to the pan and cook until chicken is lightly browned and onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded kale and all the spices. Stir to combine and cook for another 5-10 minutes, just until the kale has softened.
- In a medium sauce pot bring the sauce up to a gently simmer. Put the lid on and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the goat cheese. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Add 1/3 cup of sauce to the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Stuff each pasta shell with a heaping tbsp. of the chicken and kale filling, and place it in the casserole dish filling side up.
- Once all the shells are stuffed pour the remaining sauce to cover the pasta and sprinkle the top with parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and cheese is lightly golden.